Friday, May 1, 2020

Hanging out in Dublin

DAY 2, Wed. Sept. 4, 2019
Zero km's. Lots of walking


Today was to be all about research and development. Basically get my bearings (I think I lost a few over the years). Do some shopping and sight seeing. I checked out the train station . Eireann Heaston Station is only a few km's through a busy area of town. I asked some workers what I thought were relevant questions. All I got were judgemental looks and dumbass smiles. I was pretty pissed. Great tourism ambassadors.
  I found "The Outdoor Store" where I blew over 100 Euros on rain pants. Also some camping supplies (which I would never use). After a ton of walking, I wanted to find "The Backpacker's Hotel" as I would be staying there near the end of my trip. A quirky old guy pointed me in the right direction. He was the most helpful person I met since arriving in Dublin.
    Later that evening, I was planning my route to the train station over beers and pizza. At 3 km, it should be simple. The next morning prooved not the case....
   
    These last 2 days were stressful. With no data on my phone,  I clearly cannot navigate this town. With nameless streets I dunno, I'm exhausted from walking in circles.
Beer me Highwaycat. Meoww, repeat till zzzzzz.



The hood


Home Base

Light Rail everywhere

Street scene

A building with humanoid life forms milling about

Molson Brewery

Cell reception capsule

Stephen's Green Park. Short walk from Home Base. est. late 1800's

House in the park engulfed by vines. HWC in foreground


Results from shopping. Those are rain pants under fuel canister. I thought the weather was gonna turn nasty. It didn't. $$$$$ Oh well






No comments:

Post a Comment