Thursday, June 11, 2020

TRALEE

Day 4, Fri. Sep. 6 2019
Killarney ➜ Tralee: 36 km, 16.7 km/hr, Time 2:10, Cal 1069, Hr. 119

    Super easy ride at only 36 km. The weather kept me hopping like a "Cirque De Soleil" athlete as wardrobe changes were fast and frequent.
    My original plan was to ride the Dingle Peninsula and stay there for the night. Unfortunately, I couldn't secure a home base, so I opted for Tralee. I have some relatives of more distant connection living somewhere here. My navigation skills are terrible and my introverted persona became the barrier to looking up these ancestors.
 Anyway,  I was not happy about this plan, but I thought that maybe I could get settled in Tralee and do a road trip to Dingle on a light Shirley. The Benners Hotel was not easy going with my bike. Had to take Shirley outside, around the corner, through the courtyard to a secure area that could only be opened by someone else on the inside. This major pain in the ass ruined my road trip plan. I was really pissed about skipping Dingle and angry at the Hotel manager. My day got worse as the wi fi wasn't working and I needed to plan the next day. I found a nice coffee shop nearby with wi fi which was great but there were mothers and their screaming kids everywhere. I couldn't stand it and left. 👿 #K!!
    There is a cell phone shop across the street from my "Hotel" called "Fone Dealz" For 20 Euros, he unlocked my phone so I could use the data plan from Voda Fone. This place was sketchy. It's obvious that the phones he was selling were stolen. A super sketchy guy came in while I was there and made me nervous. He was moving around erratically and mumbling. A couple times, he got the owner's attention by waving an I Phone in the air. The guy behind the counter tried to seem oblivious to the sketchy guy, but it was obvious as to what was going on. I learned later in my trip that these businesses are everywhere in Ireland.
   I had no idea what to do for tomorrow, but I thought that beer and pizza might help in the planning. I needed to find a happy place as this day was terrible. No one to blame but myself for bad planning.

Cheers
Heading to Tralee.

Nice break spot. This 36 km ride will kill us. Ha ha, sigh. pathetic
Ghost Bike. Surprised that I haven't seen more

Nice scenery

Not safe for cats

Crappy stay. Not bike friendly (This was the norm everywhere in Ireland I found out later)

Cell phone place across the street. unlocked my phone. Lots of illegal stuff going on in these places. They are everywhere. 
Sketch of my experience Fone Dealz. (used, or probably stolen phones) Sketchy guy made me nervous. Seemed like a regular just selling stolen phones.

A street














No comments:

Post a Comment