Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Bad Planning

DAY 8, Mon, 07 23 2018
Hedley ➜ Princeton Municipal Campground
Dist, 36.8 km, Avg, 18 k/hr, Max 35.6 k/hr, Cal, 793, Hr 106

    Well, after a 6 egg scramble and 4 cups of Joe, I was ready to roll...
The owner of the grocery/beer store was very cool. Long grey haired hippy type that is ready to retire was so friendly. I only wanted a few eggs, so he gave me a knife and let me cut a dozen egg carton in half. Cool. I made the cut with great precision.
    Anyway, today was a simple, short ride due to poor planning. I was very disappointed in my lack of attention. Anyway,  I got myself a fine site at the Princeton Municipal Camp, then headed into town for the essentials. I have been to this town a few times in the past and always liked it. Today was no exception. The ride into town was maybe 9 minutes.
    Once back at the site, I got organized and spent some time on my log. A couple just rode in on old school bikes with camping gear. The guy was very nerdy looking with super retro style happening. (probably is a software engineer)  and the girl was an oddball set up that I cant describe. Maybe a Thrift store model.  Anyway, they were the focus of my entertainment for a bit. At one point, the guy took a ride to the shower. As he passed my site area, he dropped his clean clothes and towel in the mud while fumbling with his toe clips. I was amused. Highwaycat was furious that a flawed human was allowed to camp within 50 metres of our camp.
    Anyway, I had some fine eats and beer, not to mention mosquito attacks and was feeling ready for tomorrow's Allison Pass fun time! 

Hwy 3 (Crowsnest Hwy) at Similkameen River. Turns out there is a nice road on the other side of the river that I wish I chose. (Old Hedley Rd) Oh well
Not again

Tough ride, flat and windless 37 km. Sigh
Camp
Neighbours
Night planning with HWC


No comments:

Post a Comment