Saturday, January 11, 2020

Closing the Circle

DAY 12, Fri. July 27, 2018

Coquihalla Motel  ➔   Castle Bishop
Hope BC.                    Sardis BC.  

Stats:  Cateye - Dist: 64.8 km, Avg. 21k/hr, Max. 54km/hr, Time: 3hrs.
            Polar    -  Cal. 1697, Avg Hr. 116, Time: 3:10. Total time: 4 hrs (pics and breaks)

    Got up at a respectable time of 7:30, went across the street for a giant omelette. Back at the motel, I was able to stall my departure easily by watching the Space Channel. Two great Sci Fi shows, Andromeda and Stargate SG1 (both filmed in Vancouver BC).
    After stalling, I was out by 10am. This was a bit of a sad day as it was my last one on the road and I  would soon be back to the daily grind.  I grabbed Water St. to Hwy 1 across the Fraser River, then West on the #7. (familiar territory). This road is quiet flat and dials in a huge shoulder. After about an hour, I caught up to what turned out to be a unicyclist. At a distance he appeared as a strange silhouette with an odd visual signature.  I passed him wide as to not startle him and I offered some positive feedback. He replied "Wanna race?" Ha ha. I don't know what his destination was, but he had about another 30 km of nothingness ahead of him after the 20 or so he just rode. Who knows, he may be riding back from Thunder Bay Ont. for all I know. 
    Anyway, we made it back to my sister's place to complete the cascade loop 2018.




No more Hope
Let's try 7 West
We came upon a unicyclist. This is a long stretch of Hwy. Impressive
Random chair
We were thinking of taking this to Sasquatch Prov. Park but we are chickens

Agassiz Rosedale bridge links #7 with Hwy 1. I had 2 inches of tire space. After about 15 minutes watching traffic and swearing to myself,  I decided to make the crossing. I knew that it was gonna be a white knuckle event. Once across this 1.9 km 1956 piece of shit bridge I saw several semis cross in both directions. Some times you just gotta throw the dice. (apparently this bridge was widened). Must be the worst bridge for cycling in the lower mainland.
Yale Road. Crazy huge shoulder for a bit

No further pics as things got confusing near Chilliwack. It's just as well.
The End.






No comments:

Post a Comment