Monday, January 6, 2020

Rest Day

Day 10, Wed. July 25, 2018

Was super nice to get up late and mill about, which included setting up a bear bag. I probably didn't need it, but was fun to do so anyway. Took a little ride out to the Manning Park Resort. On the way, I visited "Hampton Campground" Looks like they invested a bunch of money on it as it had been expanded substantially. There are over a hundred sites and a beautiful new washroom facility. I saw only a few people there as the water was shut off.  They also upgraded the area around the resort. Theres a bunch of new cabins set up almost like a separate neighbourhood. Beautiful, but expensive.
    Back at the site an older guy had moved in across from me. I spotted him checking out my site from a distance, he was obviously curious. Of coarse he came over to ask me questions. I told him about some of my bike trips including my cross Canada one. He said that he always wanted to do that. I told him that it's never too late.


Waiting for coffee like the sands of time through the hourglass...
The finest breakfast plating/cutlery.
Strange poser sightseeing ride
New facility at the Hampton campsite 15 km up the road 
Big upgrade to this site. It's nice but I kinda liked the less popular small no frills site that it was. However, more sites = more opportunity during peak season, I guess.
Posing by the Similkameen River, notice the "dent" in my bicep. Broken but not ...
Cat rocks
UFO
Trying out my power pack. Thanks TBaal !


Making do with rock, Im Irish, OK ?!






No comments:

Post a Comment