Thursday, January 9, 2020

There's always Hope...


DAY 11, Thurs. July 26 2018

Mule Deer Campground ➔ Coquihalla Motel
Manning Park                      Hope BC.

Stats:  Cat Eye-Dist: 80km, 20.7k/hr Avg, Max 61k/hr Time: 2:25 (pedalling), 4hr total
                 Polar -   Cal. 1229, Hr. 116 bpm, 

Easy ride but Hwy. 3 has some sketchy sections on the long downhill. Was stressful on the turns which pissed me off. Highwycat was fine with it.

Upon arrive in the fine town of Hope BC. (Rambo First Blood, 1982) I found myself scanning potential hideouts. I settled on the wonderfully crappy Coquihalla Motel. $85.00+tax.
I did some riding around town taking pics. This is a nicer place than I thought. Got beers and the "Best Damn Pizza" at Hope Pizza Place. Med. Italian $26.00+ Hey, I'm holiday ya know!

Morning selfie. Leaving Mule Deer
Breakfast, Manning Cafe
Abnormally awesome blacktop (temporary)
The top
Going down?
"We won't be needing brakes"
Annoying a deer (Motorhead's 1st single. Was never released)
Hope slide (Largest landslide in Canada as of 2019) It happened in 1965
Helpful information sign. Millions of tons and only 4 deaths
Green on brown isn't the most readable colour combo
Home base
Hwy Cat and Gandalf
Highwaycat gets a massage
Expensive but good. Creepy logo right?















No comments:

Post a Comment