Friday, September 21, 2018

PEARRYGIN LK. STATE PARK CAMP

DAY 4, Thurs, July 19, 2018
Winthrop Inn to Pearrygin Lake State Park.

Rest Day:
7km of rural road
Hot as hell again

We took our time leaving Winthrop Inn. I had coffee after coffee while watching the Tour De France. Stage 11 or 12, "Alpes D'huez", one of the classic favourites. Despite not knowing most riders, I still enjoy it. I love listening to the commentary from Phil Liggett and Bob Roll. I miss the days of Lance and Jan Ullrich.
    Anyway, I decided to check out Pearrygin Lake State Park. I wanted to get out of town as there was a big Blues Festival happening this weekend. A short ride through the old town and onto a rural road, and blammo! I was rolling into camp. I was very lucky to find a great site. It was crazy hot, so the 2 big trees on my pad were very appreciated.
    This campground was not how I had envisioned it. There were a lot of big 5th wheel trailers, speed boats and Jet Skiis? Anyway, our site was away from the bullshit which was great. We investigated a trail that circles the lake but cut it short after realizing that it would eat too much time. Decided to head back into town and play "The Tourist" as this was our rest day.
    Winthrop is a cool little town with an old western feel to it. The wooden sidewalks reminded me of Dawson City Yukon, Skagway Alaska too. I couldn't find a souveneir so I blew cash on a Mexican lunch on a patio.

Sketch of very short ride to camp and rest day


Quiet road to Pearrygin Lake
Pearrygin Lake
Home Base
The Office
Proof of purchase
Great site

Minimal
Cat outta the bag on the trail
Rex Derr Trail
Rex Derr Hobitt
Downtown Winthrop WA.



Tourist town

No comments:

Post a Comment