Thursday, September 13, 2018

USA!, USA!, USA!...ehhh

DAY 1,  Mon. July 16, 2018
Castle Bishop, Sardis BC.-Sedro-Wolley WA.

Stats:
Cateye:  Dist. 100km, Avg spd. 20.1km/hr, max, 51.7km/hr, Time, 5hrs.
Polar:    3619 cal., Avg Hr. 135bpm, Temp 91 F.

The ride ahead would consist of easy rural roads and nice weather. The only issue was a bit of a hangover. Actually, I ended up feeling crappy for the entire day. I think it was more than a beer thing, plus it was hot as hell.
    Anyway, after navigating the nice rural Chilliwack roads, I found myself at the Sumas Border crossing. There was a bit of overly bossy behaviour from officer Billy Bob but thats par for the coarse eh?
    Anyway, the road ahead was great. The Americans do a dandy job on the blacktop landscape. I found a great spot to break in Nooksack WA. A nice little park with a gazebo and a drinking water source. There were wood stoves too! Crazy. A couple hours later, I had a close call. I suddenly ran out of shoulder as a semi was bearing down on me. I heard him approach fast and then slow down quickly as he couldn't pass me. I bailed to let him through. After he passed me, he honked "thank you" or "sorry about almost crushing you" type of honk.
We continued on route 9 to Sedro Woolley WA. and found home base at "Three Rivers Inn". Perfect location with the # 20 metres away...


Vedder River Chilliwack BC

Read the sign dumbass

Holy Moly. Americans will pave the way

Great break spot Nooksack WA. 

Home base Sedro Woolley WA

HWC approved biceps. I have "Poser immunity" seeing as my left arm has a torn bicep. Also, beer may be effecting my choices. Whatever, I'm on holiday.

The local tourism brochure. HWC was having none of it.

Going over tomorrow's game plan. It was a long night of planning in the "Situation Room" "Fake News" was not tolerated...




No comments:

Post a Comment